Friday, January 29, 2010

{Nie Nie}

I have been following this blog for quite some time now and thought that maybe you or anyone who checks in here at my blog might like to check it out. It's called the Nie Nie Dialogues and be ready for a tear-jerker. This woman is amazing! She's been through a plane crash with her husband and has been severely burned, blogging about life, her family and the daily struggles she goes through. It really puts things into perspective for me and make me count my blessings every day for my precious family. She is such a trooper and I look to her for inspiration and strength. You really should check it out, it will make you think and will make your heart full. Much Love, Jen

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I discovered Nie after my mom had seen her on Oprah a few months ago. I will admit that I became a little crazed reading her blog and I am with you - O.M.G!!!!! What I really enjoyed was going WAYYYYY back to the beginning and reading some of those entries. She was/is so passionate about her husband, kids, housewifehood, faith, crafting, cooking... I mean - she did it all! And still DOES - that is the crazy thing. WHAT AN INSPIRATION!!! You simply CANNOT feel sorry for yourself after reading her blog ;) Glad you enjoy it too. HUGS!!!!

Kristina said...

I cried, I mean I cried and I cried myself to sleep. She weighed heavy on my heart after I read her blog yesterday. Not because I felt sorry for her but because we tend to take life for granted and how can we complain about the traffic on the 91 freeway or running late to an appointment when we are in no position to complain. I felt pain to see how her son didn't recognize her at first and how much she has accomplished and what she has done to overcome her new found fears with her new life. She always/will be an inspiration!!!! Her purpose was huge and she is here today sharing it with everyone. Such a great story and I will continue to follow it!

Jenny Esterbrook Photography said...

I know, isn't it crazy all the things that can get you down in our own little lives and then you look at what someone else has been dealt and suddenly your life seems pretty amazing! I always need little reminders of how I am blessed and how I should be so thankful.