Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My heart is full

Do you ever have those days where you're just kind of down about nothing in particular but just need a pick-me-up?  I was having one of those days a little while ago and I didn't want to forget how Eli brightened my day.  Little ones can always sense when you're sad and I happened to have a couple of tears when I looked down and he was looking up at me with the most perplexed and worried expression. He held out his hands and came right up to me and as I bent down he gave me the biggest hug he ever has as if to say "it's alright, mom, I love you" and I just melted.  I felt bad that I had worried him but it was such a special moment that I want to hold to.  Eli is such a sweet little guy..he's always concerned for others, loves to help and is such a joy to have in our lives.  I feel so lucky to be his mom! I also have to say a huge thank you to my hubba hubs as well....he is always so helpful even after his hard day at work and always knows the right things to say. Sometimes a pregnant girl needs some reassurance every once in awhile if ya know what I mean!  He always makes me feel beautiful and special.  There's just been so many things to be thankful for this week and I am so happy to be where I am in my life, hopefully you feel the same way too!

No comments: