I soooooo wish I had some pictures to prove just how it's gone down, but you'll just have to take my word for it.
Hmmmm.....I'll just give you a couple of things we've been up to.......
- Christmas lights up and lit----check!
- Christmas tree decorated and trimmed----check!
- Christmas tree just too tempting to the kiddos--tree tips over
- Redecorate tree, clean up water mess and ginormous load of pine needles
- Vacuum gets plugged from all the pine needles but I am a super-vacuum fixer
- Tree tips over for the second time
- Redecorate, clean up, etc. etc.
- Go Christmas shopping, post office, party store to get ready for both rugrats birthday parties
- Arrive home, Christmas tree tipped over again
- Redecorate, rewater and clean pine needles.
- Make ginger bread house, eat all the candy off of it.
- Put out Nativity scene, find a sheep in the toilet
- Make christmas cookies
- Sew some presents, come back in kitchen to find 15 cookies with one bite taken out of each
- Boys and Girls Club Party
- Work party
- Almost done with Clients' orders
- Mya turns off computer while placing order with the lab
- Re do orders, clients' orders finally done!
- Christmas shopping, shopping, shopping
- Realize I ate way too many cinnamon nuts-go for jog with kiddos in stroller-almost die from my out-of-shapeness
- Tires flat on jogger stroller
- Find huge pile of unrolled toilet paper in the closet with Mya in the middle, eating with a big smile
- Make fabric birthday banners and decorations, send out invites
- Dancing with the kiddos to really loud christmas music
- Mya standing and dancing all by herself
- Eli clinging to my leg and laying on the floor when it's his turn to see Santa (poor guy, I think it was kind of traumatic)
- Flying around the house with Eli and our "towel capes" pretending to be superman and jumping on the furniture
- Laundry, Laundry, Laundry
- Lots and lots of Christmas stories and movies, making snowflakes and having fun!
Phewww!!! That's not even all of it! LOL I usually find that most everything strange and weird that happens is later really funny so I just have to remind myself of that when I feel like I'm falling apart and my house is ashambles.
There's so many other little moments that I always forget too and I need to be better about writing down the things Eli says.....he's so stinkin' smart and funny. His new thing now is "there's a fire hydr-wunt" every time he sees one, cracks me up! Oh and he's also told me that my hair is "wacky" a few times now......hmmm.....
So, if any of you seem to be having one of these weeks too, you're not alone and you're probably way more productive and organized than me. Somehow I didn't get that gene.
I still love this time of year though and even though my tree looks a little worse for wear, it's still beautiful and it's been fun having Eli be really into Christmas this year.